Visit Padova Urbs picta
HOW TO REACH PADOVA
- Motorway Venezia – Milano (A4)
exit Padova Est if you are arriving from Venice – exit Padova Ovest if you are arriving from Milan
- Motorway Bologna – Padova (A13) –
exit Padova Sud
ATTENTION: in Padua city centre there is a ZTL zone, an area in which car traffic is restricted. From 8am to 8pm no car traffic can enter the central streets, unless the car has a special permit allowing it. See more details at this page
(in Italian only)> or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motorway Venezia – Milano (A4)
exit Padova Est if you are arriving from Venice; exit Padova Ovest if you are arriving from Milan
- Motorway Bologna – Padova (A13)-
exit Padova Sud
Parking for buses
- at Piazza Y. Rabin, close to Prato della Valle, entrance from via Cinquantottesimo Fanteria; follow signs to Prato della Valle. Piazza Rabin is just 5 minute walk from the Basilica of St.Anthony and 15 minute walk from the city centre Prices and map at www.apsholding.it
- at Piazzale Boschetti, entrance from via Trieste. This parking place is just a 5 minute walk from the Scrovegni Chapel and 15 minutes from the city centre. Prices and map at www.apsholding.it
From Padua Railway Station to the city centre:
- by taxi : max. 10 minutes, tel:049651333,
- by bus or tram (APS): departures every 5 minutes, bus no. 8, 10, 12,18 and the metrotram
- on foot: the Scrovegni Chapel is only 10 minutes far; the city centre 15-20 minutes
- VENICE. Aeroporto Marco Polo (Tessera), is the nearest one to Padua. From this airport you can reach Padua in the following ways:
– RADIOTAXI: call 049 651333 at least 24 hours in advance to get on a collective taxi
– LANDOMAS: call 049 8601426.
– AIRSERVICE: collective bus shuttle call 049 8744025
bus: from Venice Airport to Padua Train Station, every 30 minutes from 6am to 11pm on working-days and approximately every hour on feastdays
by train, first take a regular bus from Venice Airport to Mestre Train Station and then a train from Mestre to Padua (it takes approx. 40 minutes).
- VERONA. Aeroporto Valerio Catullo (Villafranca Veronese). A shuttle service connects Verona airport with Verona Train Station. From Verona trains to Padua every 2 hours during the day, it takes about 2 hours)
- TREVISO Aeroporto Antonio Canova On working days from 7 am to 8 pm there are regular buses every 30 minutes connecting Padua with the airport in Treviso (it takes approximatly 1 hour with regular traffic but it can take longer depending on the traffic). Go to the bus timetable http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA
GETTING AROUND THE CITY
Mobility Center Padua: The Mobility Center project aims to follow the purpose of modal rebalancing of shifts providing an innovative service on mobility services information, to create knowledge and awareness to promote and guide sustainable mobility choices.
Padua City Roads
Padua center is Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL)
- CAUTION: the center of Padua is Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL) bordered by electronic gates that read the vehicles license plates. The circulation in the ZTL is permitted only to vehicles in possession of a special circulation permit. For a map showing the gates open the attachment by clicking here For more information visit the City of Padua.
Public transport Timetable
To know all the public transport services and the best combinations of line and timetables to reach a place.
Car Pooling and Car Sharing
Active also in Padua the Car Sharing service, that provides the car with no management or maintenance fees.
The Car Pooling is a service that allows more people, who need to reach the same destination, to form a single crew and travel together, saving daily and respecting the environment.Click here
Move decreasing social and economic environmental impacts generated by private vehicles: analysis of the various aspects and benefits. Click here
Good Bike Padua
Good Bike Padua is a bike sharing service in Padua city. The July 11, 2013 was inaugurated the Bike Sharing service of Padua city. 25 stations and 250 bicycles available to citizens and visitors. And getting around the city is easier and green! The bike is available where it is needed. The service operates 24 hours 24. Free of the constraints of the journey, time and waiting. 200 traditional bicycles and 50 assisted bicycles. This is Good Bike Padua! To use Good Bike Padua you need a subscription among those available: Annual: 25 including € 5 credit; Monthly: € 10 including € 2 credit; Weekly: € 5 including € 2 credit; 4For You: € 8, valid for 24 hours by activation and including 4 hours of use which are not subject to tariffs. For more information call 800 204 303 or on www.goodbikepadova.it
All routes are on the cycling network of the City of Padua and the services dedicated to people who cycle.
City Sightseeing Bus
All aboard to discover Padua from above, sitting comfortably on the seats of the unmistakable red double-decker bus. From March to October it is active the City Sightseeing Bus, today even more advantageous for Padova Card owners! Admire Padua from above from the City Sightseeing Bus, the bustling red double-decker bus that allows you to easily visit all the city: at each stop you can get off, visit the places of your interest, then go back and continue your route. City Sightseeing Padua includes the tour of the city within the walls with 11 stops: Basilica del Santo, Piazza delle Erbe, Piazza dei Signori, Piazza Garibaldi, Piazzetta Nievo, Piazza Eremitani, Railway Station, Piazza Petrarca, Riviera Paleocapa, Piazzale S. Croce, Prato della Valle. City Sightseeing Padua-Terme Euganee provides the connection from Abano Terme and Montegrotto to Padua (service by reservation only). With PadovaCard special reduced ticket. Moreover the Sightseeing Bus ticket will be valid for 48 hours instead of 24. Tickets available at all IAT offices, tourist Information Offices of Padua: If you already have PadovaCard you can buy the special reduced ticket directly on board.
Would you like to organize your boat trip along our rivers? Would you like to leave from Padua to Venice and admire the noble residences of the Riviera del Brenta? Click here
In this section are available all information and the map relative to the IAT offices of Padua city and the spa area, Abano Terme and Montegrotto Terme. Click here .
Tourism information Offices
During your stay in Padua, please contact the Tourist Information Office to make you give the map of Padova, to get information on exhibitions, events, ask for a list of hotels or restaurants and for any other information you need.
Tel.: +39 049 5207415
– Padova, Stazione FS
Hours: From Mondays to Saturdays 9-19. Sundays 10-16.
Closed 25/12 and 01/01
Address: Piazzale Stazione Ferroviaria Padova
– Padova, Vicolo Pedrocchi
Hours: from Monday to Saturday 9-19. Sundays 10-16.
Closed 25/12 and 01/01
Address: Vicolo Pedrocchi Padova
– Padova, Piazza del Santo
Hours: from Monday to Sunday 9-13, 14-18
The office is open during the summer months, from May to the end of October.
Address: Piazza del Santo Padova
Provincia di Padova – Public relations office
Tel. +39 0498201111
DMO Padova Consortium
Tel. +39 0498201396